NEET 2020 Exam Date (Announced)
National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) on July 26, 2020. In a live session on May 5, 2020, Education Minister, Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank declared the NEET 2020 exam date. Also, he shared that a total of 16.84 lakh aspirants will be appearing for NEET UG 2020 entrance exams. The official NTA NEET notification will be released and provided on this page, when available. Earlier, the last date of NEET 2020 correction window was extended to May 3. NEET 2020 admit card release date will be released after May 17, after the Coronavirus lockdown. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – NEET UG will be held for admission to 82,926 MBBS, 26,949 BDS, 52,720 AYUSH and 525 BVSc & AH seats across the nation. NTA will declare NEET result 2020 by June 4. The admission to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) will be done through NEET scores.New Changes in NEET UG 2020
- NEET 2020 brochure which was earlier available in two languages is now available in ten different languages including Assamese, English Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Urdu, Gujarati, Hindi, Bengali and Telugu.
- Application fee has gone up for General, SC/ST/PWD and transgender candidates. While General category now has to pay Rs 1500 (an increase of Rs 100), SC/ST/PwD and transgender have to pay Rs 800 (an increase of Rs 50). Fee for OBC NCL and EWS remains at Rs 1400.
- Payment of NEET application fee is online ONLY. It is through net banking/Credit cards/Debit Cards or UPI through State Bank of India/Syndicate Bank/HDFC Bank/ICICI Bank/Paytm as service provider.
- Now candidates have to upload their class 10 or equivalent passing certificate along with the application form of NEET.
- Also, the scanned image of left thumb impression must also be uploaded. Candidates with no left thumb must upload the image of their right-hand thumb impression.
- A new exam centre has been introduced – Leh (Ladakh) bringing the number of exam centres to 155.
- The upper age limit has been mentioned as 25 years of year with candidates to be born after
- NTA has sought permission to use Aadhaar Number for candidate identity verification. Once the permission is obtained, candidates will be updated accordingly.
- A very important change is that AIIMS and JIPMER counselling will be through the NEET All India Counselling conducted by DGHS.
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test commonly called will be conducted by National Testing Agency for admission to the following UG medical courses
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
- State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental /Ayurveda /Siddha /Unani Homeopathy Colleges or any Private University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
- All seats including NRI Quota as well as Management Quota, in private unaided/aided minority / non- minority medical colleges shall also be filled on the basis of merit obtained in NEET 2020.
Upcoming Dates and Events
- 26 Jul, 2020 (Tentative)
- Exam | Mode: Offline