Dr. B.R. AMBEDKAR OPEN UNIVERSITY, Eligibility Test-2020 for Admission into UG Programmes(B.A/B.Com/B.Sc.)
Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Open University admits the candidates into Under-Graduate Programmes through two streams: i.e., (i) Formal Stream, under which for candidates who passed Intermediate from Board of Intermediate Education / Intermediate through National Open School / Equivalent examination known as direct admission and (ii) Non-Formal Stream -Where candidates without any formal educational qualifications mentioned above, but completed or going to complete 18 years of age as on 01-07-2020 and qualified in the Eligibility Test (ET) conducted by the University. The main objective for the establishment of Dr. BRAOU was to provide higher educational opportunities to the people who couldn’t continue their education through conventional mode or those who discontinued their studies due to various reasons.
The University makes use of multimedia instructional package which includes print material of self-instructional style, face-to-face contact classes on Sundays at the Study Centres, broadcast / telecast of lessons through AIR/ Doordarshan Yadagiri/ Sapthagiri etc., to reach the students. The University has a network of 179 study centres (including 23 Regional Coordination Centres). ALL THE PROGRAMMES OF THE UNIVERSITY ARE RECOGNISED BY THE DISTANCE EDUCATION BUREAU (DEB), UGC, NEW DELHI. The Eligibility Test conducted by the University is intended to admit the Candidates into B.A/ B.Com/ B.Sc., programmes. It is neither an Entrance Test nor a Competitive Examination. It is conducted to ensure that the candidates possess the necessary skills of reading, writing, analysis and arithmetic abilities to understand the content of the course material to be supplied to them by the University, after their admission into under graduate Programme.
1. Candidates appearing for Eligibility Test – 2020, are advised to register their name through ‘On-line’ www.braouonline.in
2. For further details, please contact the nearby Dr. BRAOU Study Center of your area and to fill the particulars online.
3. Before registration, read the information Brochure completely.
4. Pay the Registration fee of Rs. 300/- (Three Hundred Only) by using Credit/ Debit card OR Rs.310/- (Three Hundred and Ten Only) through AP/TS Online Franchisee centre.
5. For Online registrations please carry your relevant Certificates in Support of Age, Social Status and a passport size photo (5 x 3.7 cm) to the nearby Online or Net Centre.
6. If you provide either mobile number of your own or mobile number of your relatives/ friends, so as to enable the University to send SMS to you on various activities. Please do not change your mobile number till the completion of your course.
7. Model ET Question paper is given in the Information Brochure for your reference. Go through it carefully.
8. For your convenience, necessary instructions are also given to fill the OMR Answer Sheet.
Name of the Programmes
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
|Last Date for Registration||04-04-2020|
|Date of Entrance Test||19-04-2020|
|Timings||10:00 AM to 12:30 PM|
|Declaration of ET Results||First week of May 2020|
|Commencement of Admissions into First Year||June, 2020|
HOW TO REGISTER FOR ELIGIBILITY TEST?
First read the ET information so as to fill the application on-line.
a) To register for ET-2020, log into the University Portal i.e., www.braouonline.in, and fill the application form and pay Rs. 300/- (Three Hundred only) either through Debit/Credit card OR Rs 310/- (Three Hundred and Ten only) through AP Online/ TS Online Centre.
b) Carry all Certificates required for proof, like Date of Birth / Social Category (if applicable)/ Aadhar Card, Other Certificates if any, with you (For DOB Proof, carry School Transfer Certificate/SSC/DOB Certificate issued by local authorities) for uploading the information online. Affidavit issued by Notary is not considered as a proof of Date of Birth by the University
c) Fill the Application Form of ET ‘On-Line’.
d) The information given by you will be entered in the records of the University for future needs ‘as-it-is’ and cannot be altered later under any circumstances.
e) The Candidates who have passed SSC or its equivalent Examination are informed to enter their name / father’s name / date of birth, as per that certificate only. In case of Candidates who have not passed SSC the details are to be filled as per the school transfer certificate.
f) Select your Modern Indian Language carefully. Also fill other columns like Medium of Instruction, Social Status, Area of Residence, etc.
g) For wrong information provided in the application form by the candidate the responsibility lies with the applicant only and the University cannot be held liable for it h) See the next pages for Code Numbers of ET Examination Centres.
i) Pay an amount of Rs.300 (Three Hundred only) towards Registration Fee using Credit / Debit card OR Rs.310 (Three Hundred and Ten only) at the ONLINE FRANCHISEE CENTRE and obtain receipt for the same (Please retain the receipt for further reference).
j) After filling the Application Form, enter the details of the registration fee paid in the Form. Upload latest Pass Port size (5 x 3.7 cm size) photograph (60 KB) with Signature (20KB) below it. Digital Passport size photos/ stamp size photos are not permitted.
k) Provide your mobile number, or mobile number of your relatives. Furnishing Mobile Number is mandatory as it facilitates the university to send information through SMS on various occasions. Please don’t change your mobile number till the completion of the course.
l) Before clicking on the ‘SUBMIT’ button, please verify all the details entered once again carefully. m) After submitting the Form, the operator will print and give you a copy of your application. Keep it with you for future reference.
HOW TO COLLECT HALL TICKET?
Applicants must go to the Examination Centre which they have opted for ATLEAST TWO DAYS BEFORE the ET and collect their Hall Tickets. NOTE: If more number of applicants choose a single centre for examination, the university may allot some of them to a nearby centre. Similarly if the number of candidates in any examination centre is less they may be allotted to any other nearby examination centre. Hence, the applicants are advised to collect their Hall Tickets well in advance to avoid last minute hurry. The Hall Tickets can also be downloaded from the website: www.braou.ac.in /www.braouonline.in.
ELIGIBILITY TEST :
DATE: 19th APRIL, 2020
TIME : 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
PAPER-I: ENGLISH, GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, & APTITUDE (50 Questions for 100 Marks)
PAPER–II: MODERN INDIAN LANGUAGE (CHOOSE ANY ONE FROM TELUGU/ HINDI/ URDU/FUNCTIONAL ENGLISH) (50 Questions for 100 Marks)
HOW TO FILL ‘OMR’ ANSWER SHEET?
- Use OMR Answer sheet supplied in the Examination Hall to answer the Eligibility Test Question Paper
- Use Blue/Black ball point pen only to fill OMR Sheet Columns need to be filled in the OMR answer sheet with either Blue or Black Ball Point Pen, as per the instructions of the invigilators.
- Hence, carry Blue / Black Ball Point Pen to the Examination Centre. Don’t carry any other objectionable material like mobile phones and books to the examination hall.
- Read the instructions on the OMR sheet carefully before answering the Question paper.
- Check whether your name and HT Number are printed correctly on the OMR. If there is any discrepancy, bring it to the notice of the invigilator immediately
- Write your Name and HT Number etc., at the place specified. Ask your Invigilator if you have any doubts.
- As all questions have multiple answers, choose the correct answer carefully and darken the circle of the correct answer with blue/black ball point only. For example, out of the multiple answers (1) (2) (3) (4), if 2 is the right answer, darken the circle like this…… • …….. in the box.
- After examination, hand over only OMR sheet to the invigilator. You can take away the Question Paper with you.
HOW TO TAKE ADMISSION INTO UG PROGRAMME AFTER QUALIFYING IN THE ELIGIBILITY TEST?
The University will send the Marks Memos to all candidates who appeared in ET to their residential addresses. The memos will be kept in the University website also. Candidates who are qualified in the ET can approach the study centre where they want to seek admission, along with the ET Marks Memo. You are informed to pay the prescribed fee for taking admission into UG I year. The minimum duration to complete BA/B.Com/B.Sc., Programmes is THREE years. The subjects to be studied in B.A., B.Com., & B.Sc., Programmes can be known at the time of taking admissions.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE ELIGIBILITY TEST
See the enclosed model question paper and read each question carefully and completely. You will realise that many of the questions are familiar to you and you know the answers, but you may have to think very hard to recall the answers. Try to answer all the questions on your own without seeking any help from others. You may have other friends in your locality who may also be appearing for this test. You can form a small group and discuss answers to questions in the model question papers. Read the books related to English, second languages, Arithmetic, Social Sciences and General Science. News paper reading may help you to answer some questions on current affairs. Even if you live in a small town you may have access to a small library. Visit the library and read the latest General Knowledge books available. There may be friends in your locality who may be appearing for some competitive exams. Seek their help and guidance. Spend two or three hours a day from the time you apply for the test till the time you appear for the test. These efforts will make you realise that you already have the necessary skills in you. Qualifying in the test will give you further confidence to cope with the study of the course material that you would receive from the University after you join the Degree Programme.
NOTE: For your reference ET Paper – I: English Language, General Knowledge &Aptitude & Paper – II: Modern Indian Language – Telugu are provided in this brochure. However, complete set of ET Model Question papers, i.e., Paper I – English Language, General Knowledge & Aptitude & Paper II – Modern Indian Languages (Telugu, Hindi, Urdu & Functional English) are kept in the University website. Interested candidates can download them.
Dr. B.R. AMBEDKAR OPEN UNIVERSITY List of Study Centers – District Wise (Telangana)
|S. No||Study Center Name||Code|
|1||Govt. Degree College for Men (RCC), Adilabad||1|
|2||Govt. City College Hyderabad||22|
|3||PG College(OU), Secunderabad||23|
|4||Indira Priyadarshini Govt. Degree College for Women, Nampally||26|
|5||Govt. Degree College for Women (RCC), Begumpet||28|
|6||Govt. Degree College (RCC), Khairathabad||29|
|7||B.J. R. Govt. Degree College, Narayanaguda||30|
|8||Nizam College, Gundfoundry, Hyderabad||34|
|9||Govt. Degree College, Chanchalguda, Hyderabad||35|
|10||Vivekananda Govt. College, Vidyanagar, Hyderabad||129|
|11||Sardar Patel College, Padmarao Nagar,Secunderabad||139|
|12||Govt. Degree College, Hussaini Alam, Hyderabad||194|
|13||Govt. Degree College, Falaknuma, Hyderabad||221|
|14||Govt. Degree College, Metpally||46|
|15||SKNR Govt. Degree College, Jagityal||79|
|16||ABV Govt. Degree College, Jangaon||87|
|17||Govt. Degree College, Mahadevpur||48|
|19||Govt. Degree College, Bhupalapally||149|
|19||MALD Govt. Arts & Science College, Gadwal||96|
|20||Govt. Degree College, Banswada||60|
|21||Govt. Arts & Science College, Kamareddy||95|
|22||Govt. Degree College, Bichukonda||216|
|23||Govt. Degree College, Yellareddy||222|
|24||SRR Govt. Degree College (RCC), Karimnagar||6|
|25||Govt. Degree College, Huzurabad||50|
|26||Govt. Degree College for Women, Karimnagar||155|
|27||Govt. Degree, College, Jammikunta||175|
|28||S.R. & BGNR Govt. Degree College (RCC), Khammam||7|
|29||Govt. Degree College for Women, Khammam||71|
|30||Govt. Degree College, Madhira||94|
|31||J.V.R. Govt. Degree College, Sathupalli||142|
|KOMARAM BHEEM ASIFABAD|
|32||SKE Degree College, Sirpurkagajnagar||51|
|33||Govt. Degree College, Bhadrachalam||39|
|34||S.R. Govt. Arts & Science College, Kothagudem||56|
|35||Govt. Degree College, Paloncha||127|
|36||Govt. Degree College, Yellandu||137|
|37||MVS Govt. Arts & Science College (RCC), Mahaboobnagar||9|
|38||Sri Chittem Narsi Reddy Memorial Govt. Degree College, Narayanpet||141|
|39||Dr. B.R.R. Govt. Degree College, Jadcherla||146|
|40||NTR Govt. Degree College for Women, Mahaboobnagar||157|
|41||Govt. Degree College, Mahaboobabad||105|
|42||Govt. Degree College, Thorrur||187|
|43||Govt. Degree College, Garla||211|
|44||Govt. Degree College, Bellampalli||109|
|45||Govt. Degree College, Mancherial||119|
|46||Govt. Degree College, Luxettipet||230|
|47||Govt. Degree College, Medak||98|
|48||Govt. Degree College, Narsapur||136|
|49||Central Prison, Cherlapally||31|
|50||Govt. Degree College, Malkajgiri||131|
|51||Govt. Degree College, Kukatpally||148|
|52||Govt. Degree College, Mulugu||69|
|53||Govt. Degree College, Eturunagaram||225|
|54||Govt. Model Degree College, Kalwakurthy||120|
|55||Sri Umamaheswara Govt. Degree College, Kondanagula||143|
|56||Govt. Degree College, Nagarkurnool||179|
|57||Govt. Degree College, Kollapur||196|
|58||Nagarjuna Govt. College (RCC), Nalgonda||10|
|59||KNM Govt. Degree College, Miryalguda||40|
|60||MKR Govt. Degree College, Devarakonda||121|
|61||Govt. Degree College for Women, Ramagiri||158|
|62||Govt. Degree College, Nirmal||103|
|63||GRP Govt. Degree College, Bhainsa||140|
|64||Girraj Govt. Degree College (RCC), Nizamabad||12|
|65||Govt. Degree College, Bodhan||104|
|66||Govt. Degree College, Morthad||135|
|67||Govt. Degree College, Armoor||185|
|68||Govt. Degree College, Bheemgal||201|
|69||Govt. Degree College, Manthani||49|
|70||Govt. Degree College, Peddapalli||54|
|71||Govt. Degree College, Godavarikhani||55|
|72||Govt. Degree College,Ghambhiraopet||232|
|73||Govt. Degree College, Agraharam||173|
|74||Govt. Degree College, Shadnagar||57|
|75||Govt. Degree College, Chevella||169|
|76||Govt. Degree College, Hayathnagar||171|
|77||Govt. Degree College, Ibrahimpatnam||172|
|78||Govt. Degree College, Patancheru, Sangareddy||36|
|79||Tara Govt. Degree College, Sangareddy||63|
|80||Govt. Degree College, Zahirabad||124|
|81||N.M. Degree College, Jogipet||180|
|82||Govt. Degree College, Sadasivapet||224|
|83||Govt. Degree College (RCC), Siddipet||15|
|84||Govt. Degree College, Gajwel||138|
|85||Govt. Degree College, Husnabad||174|
|86||Govt. Degree College, Cheriyal||186|
|87||SV College, Suryapet||97|
|88||K.R.R. Govt. Degree College, Kodad||147|
|89||Govt. Degree College, Huzurnagar||199|
|90||SAP Arts & Science College, Vikarabad||70|
|91||Sri Ramalingeshwara Degree College, Kulkacherla||114|
|92||Peoples College, Tandur||125|
|93||Govt. Degree College, Kodangal||198|
|94||Govt. Degree College for Men, Wanaparthy||99|
|95||Govt. Degree College, Parkal,||113|
|96||CKM Arts and Sci College, Warangal||227|
|97||University Arts & Science College (RCC), Warangal,||21|
|98||Kakatiya Govt. Degree College, Hanamakonda,||75|
|99||Central Prison, Warangal||117|
|100||Govt. Degree College, Narsampet||229|
|101||Govt. Degree College, Aler||58|
|102||Sri Laxminarsimha Swamy Degree College, Bhongir||144|
|103||Govt. Degree College, Ramannapet||181|
Dr. B.R. AMBEDKAR OPEN UNIVERSITY List of Study Centers – District Wise (Andhra Pradesh)
|S. No||Study Center Name||Code|
|1||Govt. Degree College for Men (RCC), Anantapur||2|
|2||SDGS College, Hindupur||52|
|3||SKP Govt. Degree College, Guntakal||76|
|4||KH Govt. Degree College, Dharmavaram||102|
|5||KSN Govt. Degree College for Women, Anantapur||108|
|6||Govt. Degree College, Uravakonda||162|
|7||SV Arts College (RCC), Tirupati||17|
|8||Govt. Degree College, Puttur||41|
|9||SVA Degree College for Men, Srikalahasti||47|
|10||PVKN Govt. College, Chittoor||64|
|11||Govt. Degree College, Kuppam||65|
|12||Govt. Degree College, Satyaveedu||66|
|13||B. T. College, Madanapalli||84|
|14||SPW Degree College, Tirupati||161|
|15||SVCR Govt. Degree College, Palamaner||217|
|EAST GODAVARI DIST|
|16||Govt. Degree College (RCC), Rajahmundry||14|
|17||Govt. Degree College, Pitapuram||61|
|18||P.R. Govt. Degree College, Kakinada||62|
|19||Central Prison, Rajahmundry||74|
|20||Govt. Degree College, Razole||115|
|21||VKV Govt. Degree College , Kothapeta||116|
|22||SKBR College, Amalapuram||132|
|23||MVNJS & RVR College of Arts & Sci., Malikipuram||205|
|24||Govt. Degree College, Jaggamepet||231|
|25||J.K.C. College (RCC), Guntur||5|
|26||DRN & SCVS Degree College, Chilakaluripet||72|
|27||SKRB Reddy College, Narasaraopet||91|
|28||VSR & NVR College, Tenali||100|
|29||AGKM College, Sattenapally||126|
|30||Govt. Degree College for Men (RCC), Kadapa||3|
|31||SCNR Govt. College, Proddutur||77|
|32||Govt. Degree College, Rajampet||123|
|33||SKR Govt. College for Women, Kadapa||154|
|34||Govt. Degree College, Porumamilla||163|
|35||Govt. Degree College, Jammalamadugu||164|
|37||Govt. Degree College, Kodur RS||190|
|38||SRR & CVR Govt. Degree College (RCC), Machavaram, Vijayawada|
|39||KVR College, Nandigama||85|
|40||Dharma Apparao College, Nuziveedu||86|
|41||ANR Arts & Science College, Gudiwada||107|
|42||Govt. Degree College Tiruvur||197|
|43||Govt. Degree College, Avanigadda||212|
|44||Silver Jubilee Govt. Degree College (RCC), Kurnool||8|
|45||PSC & KVS Govt.College, Nandyal||80|
|46||Adoni Arts & Science College, Adoni||81|
|47||Govt. Degree College, Srisailam||88|
|48||KVR Govt. Degree College for Women, Kurnool||156|
|49||G.V.R.S. Govt. Degree College, Dhone||178|
|50||SML Govt. Degree College, Yemmiganuru||223|
|51||Sri Sarvodaya College (RCC), Nellore||11|
|52||Jawahar Bharathi College, Kavali||59|
|53||Govt. Degree College, Naidupet||101|
|54||D.K. Govt. Degree College for Women, Nellore||159|
|55||P.R.R. & V.S. Govt. Degree College, Vidavaluru||183|
|56||S.R.J. Degree College, Atmakur||193|
|57||MRR Govt. Degree College, Udayagiri||214|
|58||Central Prison, Mulapeta, Nellore||226|
|59||CSR Sarma College (RCC), Ongole||13|
|60||VRS & YRN College, Chirala||43|
|61||Govt. Degree College, Kanigiri||90|
|62||SV Arts&Science College, Giddalur||122|
|63||S.V.K.P. College, Markapur||152|
|64||TRR Govt. Degree College, Kandukur||203|
|65||Govt. Degree College for Men (RCC), Srikakulam||16|
|66||Govt. Degree & P.G. College, Tekkali||44|
|67||Govt. Degree College, Itchapuram||83|
|68||Govt. Model Degree College, Pathapatnam||204|
|69||SBSYM Degree College, Kashibugga||207|
|70||Dr. V.S. Krishna Govt. Degree College (RCC), Visakhapatnam||19|
|71||SGA Govt. Degree College, Yelamanchili||68|
|72||Govt. Degree College, Paderu||128|
|73||MR College (Autonomus) (RCC), Vizianagaram||20|
|74||SV Degree College, Parvathipuram||92|
|75||Sir CRR College (RCC), Eluru||4|
|76||DNR College, Bhimavaram||45|
|77||Govt. Degree College, Chinthalapudi||206|
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad PROGRAMMES ON OFFER (2020-21)
(A) Master’s Programmes
1. M.A. Economics (Telugu Medium: 1994)
2. M.A. Political Science (Telugu Medium: 1993)
3. M.A. Public Administration (Telugu Medium: 1993)
4. M.A. Sociology (Telugu Medium: 2002) .
5. M.Sc. Psychology (English Medium: 2009)
6. M.A. English (2003)
7. M.A. Hindi (2008)
8. M.A. Telugu (2008)
9. M.A. Urdu(2010)
10. M.Sc. Mathematics (English Medium: 1993)
11. M.Sc. Applied Mathematics (English Medium: 1993)
12. M.Sc. Botany (English VIcdium:2008)
13. M.Sc. Chemistry (English Medium:2008)
14. M.Sc. Environmental Science (English Medium:2008)
15. M.Sc. Physics (English Medium:2008)
16. M.Sc. Zoology (English Medium:2008)
17. M.Com. (English Medium:2003)
(B) Post Graduate Diploma Programmes
1. P.O. Diploma in Marketing Management (English Medium: 1996)
2. P.O. Diploma in Business Finance (English Medium: 1996)
3. P.G. Diploma in Writing for Mass Media in Telugu (1996) .
4. P.G. Diploma in Environmental Studies (English Medium: 1996)
5. P.G. Diploma in Human Rights (English Medium: 2000)
6. P.G. Diploma in Women’s Studies (English Medium: 2001)
7. P.G. Diploma in Culture & Heritage Tourism (English Medium : 2011)
(C) Professional Programmes (Post Bachelor’s Level)
1. Master’s Degree in Business Administration (English Medium: 1993)
2. Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Hospital and Health Care Management) (English Medium:2008)
3. Master’s Degree in Library & Information Science (English Medium: 1998)
4. Bachelor’s Degree in Library & Information Science (English Medium: 1985, Telugu Medium:2003)
5. Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Telugu Medium:2008)
6. Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Special Education) (English & Telugu Medium:2009)
(D) Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
1. Bachelor of Arts (Telugu and English Media: 1983, Urdu Medium: 1995)
2. Bachelor of Commerce (Telugu and English Media: 1983)
3. Bachelor of Science (Telugu and English Media: 1983, Urdu Medium: 1996)
(E) Certificate Programmes
1. Certificate Programme in Food and Nutrition (Telugu Medium: 1989)
2. Certificate Programme in Literacy and Community Development (Telugu Medium : 2011)
3. Certificate Programme in N.G.O.s Management (Telugu Medium : 2011)
4. Certificate Programme in Early Childhood Care and Education (English Medium : 2011)
Note: Years in parentheses indicate the year of launching of the programme