|Online Submission of Application Form||28th Feb. 2020 to 23rd March 2020|
|Last Date of Successful Transaction of Fee through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking up to 11:59 pm||23rd March 2020|
Fee Payable by candidates in INR
|OPENMAT XLVII- UR, OBC category||Rs. 800/-|
|SC, ST, EWS||Rs. 600/-|
|Correction in Particulars of Application Form on Website only||28-29 March 2020|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website||09th April, 2020 onwards|
|Dates of Examination||29th April, 2020|
|Duration of Examination||03 Hours|
|Timing of Examination||09:30-12:30 Hrs|
|Centre of Examination||As indicated on the Admit Card|
1. Candidates can apply for IGNOU OPENMAT-XLVII “Online” only on the website https://ignouexams.nta.nic.in.
2. Online Application Form may be submitted by accessing NTA website https://ignouexams.nta.nic.in. The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted, in any case.
3. Before filling the online entrance form, please read carefully regarding the eligibility and programme details given in e-prospectus available at https://ignouexams.nta.nic.in.
4. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website https://ignouexams.nta.nic.in. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
5. Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are of their own, as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the given e-mail address or SMS on the given mobile number only.
|Candidate’s Photograph||File size must be between 10 kb to 200 kb.|
|Candidate’s Signature in running hand||File size must be between 4 kb to 30 kb.|
ABOUT THE MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME OF IGNOU
The Management Programme (MP) of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has been designed with the aim to offer quality flexible education at the doorstep of the learners. It focuses on catering to the needs of the specific target groups. The programme is offered to provide developmental avenue for students, working personnel and professional for acquiring management qualifications to upgrade and refine their management skills, capabilities and orientation.
Admission shall be done on the basis of the score obtained in the on-line entrance test conducted by NTA. After qualifying in the OPENMAT, a learner will have to apply for admission on the specified APPLICATION FORM which is given in the e-Prospectus, available on the university website, www.ignou.ac.in
Incomplete and late application forms will be summarily rejected without referring to the candidate. Application Form for Admission to Management Programme is submitted only at the time of first entry to the programme and subsequent continuation in the programme will be through RE-REGISTRATION FORMS, which is through online mode.
The minimum duration of the programme is two years. However, the maximum period allowed for completion of the programme is five years.
(2) Medium of Instruction: English
(3) Programme Fee:
Fees are charged course wise which is Rs.2,000/- per course. Master of Business Administration (MBA) Programme consists of 21 courses in all. Project Course (MS-100) is equivalent to 2 courses.
(4) Programme Structure:
The MBA Programme consists of 21 courses in all. These comprise of:
- All the courses from MS-1 to MS-11.
- Five courses from any one of the specialization streams.
- Two Compulsory Courses (MS- 91, MS-95) and any one elective course out of MS 92/93/94/96/97.
- Project Course (MS-100) equivalent to 2 courses.
IGNOU follows a modular approach in its programme offering viz., if a student takes admission into MBA and for some reason or the other is not able to complete all the courses s/he is provided with exit point. If s/he completes 6 courses in a particular specialization along with the compulsory basic course s/he would be awarded Post Graduate Diploma in that particular specialization.
(5) Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
The eligibility criteria for admission to MBA programme is as follows:
- Any graduate (including Chartered Accountancy/Cost Accountancy/Company Secretaryship) with 50% marks for general category/45% for reserved category as per government of India rules. (In case of grading system, students should ensure that his/her CGPA should meet the eligibility percentage requirement).
- Clearance of OPENMAT entrance test of IGNOU conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
There is no age limit for seeking admission to this programme.
The University provides reservation of seats for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, non-creamy layer of OBC, War Widows, Kashmri Migrants and Physically Handicapped Learners, as per the Government of India rules, for admission to its various programmes. However, submission of forged certificate under any category shall lead not only to cancellation of admission but also be legally implicated as per Govt. of India rules.
(7) Scheme of Examination:
1.The OPENMAT Entrance Exam consists of four tests (Sections). They are:
- Test 1 comprises of 30 questions of General Awareness,
- Test II consists of 50 questions of English language,
- Test III is of Quantitative Aptitude which consists of 50 questions, and
- Test IV is of Reasoning consisting of 70 questions.
2. All these tests will be conducted in one session of 3 hours. The total number of questions for all the four tests is 200 and each question carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
3.Sample OPENMAT Entrance test paper is available in e-prospectus to familiarize students with the examination scheme and type of questions. E-Prospectus can be down loaded from IGNOU or NTA website
4.Calculators, cell phones, books, slide-rules, notebooks or any other written notes will not be allowed inside the examination hall.
Registration and Application Process:
In order to appear in IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII, the candidates are required to apply online as per procedure detailed below. The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted. Before filling and submitting the online form, candidates should download the Information Bulletin and e-Prospectus and read them carefully. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website. Application Forms not complying with the instructions are liable to be rejected.
The candidates are advised to ensure the following points before filling the Online Application Forms:
(i) The candidates shall ensure their eligibility to appear in the test.
(ii) The Candidate must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are of their own (which cannot be changed later) as communication may be sent by NTA through email or SMS.
(iii) The Candidate should not give the postal address, Mobile Number or e-mail ID of Coaching Centre in the Online Application Form.
(iv) Online submission of application may be done by accessing the NTA official website: https://ignouexams.nta.nic.in.
(v) Online Application Form cannot be withdrawn once it is submitted successfully.
(vi) Application Form of candidates who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria shall be rejected.
(vii) A candidate is allowed to submit only one Application Form. If a candidate submits more than one Application Form, the candidature is likely to be cancelled.
(viii) Request for change in any particular in the Application Form shall not be entertained under any circumstances. (Note: However, a chance may be given to the candidates to correct/modify/edit some of the particular(s) of the application form online only, during 28th -29th March, 2020).
(ix) The Centres (Cities) indicated for the entrance examination by a candidate is only an option. The actual Centre shall be allotted by NTA and it shall be final. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. It is mandatory for candidates to fill all four choices as options.
Steps to Complete the Application Process: Application Form may be submitted in the following four simple steps:
|Step I||Registration for online application and note down the system generated Application number for future Reference|
|Step II||Filling Online Application Form|
|Step III||Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4 kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.|
|Step IV||Make payment of fee using suitable mode of payment as per details given in this section and keep proof of fee paid.|
1. The final submission of Online Application Form will remain incomplete if Step-3 and Step-4 are not completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
2. No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
3. There is no provision to upload any certificate/marks sheet etc., with the application.
4. The entire application process is online. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/By Hand.
Before beginning the process of filling the Online Application Form, please keep the following information ready with you:
- Govt. Identity Details like Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/Election Card (EPIC No.)/Passport number/Ration Card Number/ PAN Number/ Other valid Government identity proofs.
- Address for communication, Mobile Number, email id, etc.
- Scanned images of latest Photograph (size of 10 kb to 200 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Scanned image of Signature (size of 4 kb to 30 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Bank details for payment of Fee, for uploading as part of submission of online application.
- Copy of Board/ University Certificate for Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth
Step I: Registration for Online Application:
- Fill in the basic information and note down the system generated Application Number
- Candidate’s Name/ Mother’s Name/ Father’s Name: Provide Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name as given in the Secondary School Examination or equivalent Board/ University Certificate.
- Date of Birth: Provide Candidate’s date of birth as recorded in Secondary School Examination or equivalent Board/ University certificate in ‘dd/mm/yyyy’ format.
- Mobile Number and e-mail Address: Candidates must provide own Mobile Number and e-mail address. (Please note only one e-mail address and one Mobile Number are valid for one application)
Step II: Filling the Online Application Form:
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)- Non Creamy Layer as per the Central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website (www.ncbc.nic.in). Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column. State list OBC Candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose ‘General’.
- Provide complete postal address with PIN Code (Mailing Address as well as Permanent Address).
- Choice of Cities for Examination Centres: The candidate should select any four cities of their choice for examination centre of IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII from the drop down menu.
- Under no circumstances the choice of cities for Test Centre filled in the Application Form will be changed.
Step III: Uploading the Scanned Images & Selection of Test Centre:
(a) Uploading the Candidate’s Photograph:
- Passport size photograph is to be used for uploading on Online Application Form and also for pasting on Attendance Sheet at the examination centre.
- The candidate should scan his/her passport size photograph for uploading. File size must be between 10 kb to 200 kb.
- The photograph must be taken on or after 7 th February, 2020 indicating clearly the name of candidate along with the date of taking the photograph. Photograph should not be with cap or goggles.
- Spectacles are allowed if being used regularly.
- Polaroid and Computer generated photos are not acceptable.
- Applications not complying with these instructions or with unclear photographs are liable to be rejected.
- Candidates may please note that if it is found that photograph uploaded is fabricated i.e. deshaped or seems to be hand-made or computer made, the form of the candidate will be rejected and the same would be considered as using unfair means and the candidate would be dealt with accordingly.
- Application without photograph shall be rejected. The photograph need not be attested. Candidates are advised to take 6 to 8 passport size colour photographs with white background.
(b) Uploading Candidate’s Signature:
- The candidates are required to upload the full signature in running hand writing in the appropriate box given in the Online Application Form. Writing full name in the Box in Capital letters would not be accepted as “signature” and the Application Form would be rejected. Further, unsigned Online Application Forms will also be rejected.
- The candidate should put his full signature on white paper with Black Ink pen and scan for uploading. File size must be between 4 kb to 30kb.
(Note: Candidate must ensure that the uploaded images are clear and proper.)
(c) Cities for Examination Centres:
- A list of States and Cities for OPENMAT XLVII Examination is given in the following Annexure–I.
- While applying, candidates must select four Examination City Centres in order of their preference. Since the seating capacity at each centre is limited, they will be considered for the allotment of the examination city centres as per NTA norms.
- NTA can change the examination city centre opted by the candidate to another nearby centre, if number of candidates are more/less at any examination city centre.
- The Examination City Centre, once opted, shall not be changed.
- The Admit Card will be uploaded on NTA website https://ignouexams.nta.nic.in. Please check the admit card carefully for your Name, Subject Group, Date of Birth, Gender, Examination Centre Name, City, and Category, etc.
- In case of any problem related to Admit card, please contact the given helpline numbers 0120- 6895200 between 09:00 am to 6:00pm.
Stage IV: Payment of Fee
Fee Payable by candidates
|OPENMAT XLVII- UR, OBC category||Rs.800/-|
|SC, ST, EWS||Rs.600/-|
Method of Fee Payment
After completing Step 3 of online Application Form, candidates may remit the examination fee (Step 4) by choosing the following options:
1. Through Debit/Credit card – Candidates need to check the validity of the Debit/Credit Card, while logging on to website for submitting Application Form. Candidate should enter the information asked for and make the required payment through Debit/Credit Card.
2. Through Net Banking – Check the balance in account and keep all credentials ready while logging on to website for submitting Application Form. Candidate should Login with his/her credentials of net banking and make payment through Net Banking.
Note: In case, the fee payment status is not ‘OK’ the candidates are advised as following:
1. If the fee is paid through credit/debit card and status is not OK, it means the transaction is cancelled. Therefore, such candidates have to pay the fee once again and ensure the OK fee status.
2. For cancelled transactions, the amount will, automatically, be refunded to concerned credit/debit card within 15 days of last date of submission of Application Form.
Generation of Confirmation Page confirms the final submission of Application Form. If Confirmation Page has not been generated, this means that Application Form has not been submitted successfully.
To avoid any kind of inconvenience or last minute rush or unforeseen difficulties, candidates are advised to submit Online Application Form without waiting for the last date. NTA will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature in submission of online application during the last day.
Admit Card for IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII:
- The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to their satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- The candidate has to download the Admit Card from the NTA website w.e.f. 09th April, 2020 and appear for the Examination at the given Centre on the Date and Timing as indicated in their Admit Card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at any examination centre, on Date and Timings other than that allotted to her/him in the Admit card.
- In case candidates are unable to download Admit Cards from the website, the candidate should approach the Help Line……………. between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm all days.
- The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
- In case of any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph and signatures shown in the Admit Card and Confirmation Page, the candidate may immediately approach the Help Line between 9:00 am to 6:00 pm all days. In such cases, candidates would appear in the examination with the already downloaded Admit Card. However, NTA will take necessary action to make correction in the record later.
a. Candidate may please note that Admit Cards will not be sent by post.
b. In no case, the duplicate Admit Card for IGNOU OPENMAT- XLVII would be issued at the Examination Centres.
c. Candidate must not mutilate the Admit Card or change any entry made therein.
d. Candidates are advised to preserve their Admit Cards in good condition for future reference.
e. No Admit Card shall be issued to the candidates whose Applications are found to be incomplete for any reasons (including indistinct/ doubtful photographs/unsigned Applications) or who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria for the examination.
f. Issue of Admit Cards, however, shall not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility which shall be further scrutinized at subsequent stages of admission process
- In case of any technical issue or due to a natural disaster, if an exam in a particular shift/subject has to be rescheduled, NTA may follow the process of normalization of the two test forms as per policy.
- Selection of a candidate in the test is provisional subject to being found otherwise eligible for Admission.
- In case a candidate is found providing incorrect information or the identity is proved to be false at any time in the future, the candidate shall face penal action as per the law.
- Please keep the following safely with you till the admission process is completed:
i. At least four printouts of the Confirmation Page of Online Application Form.
ii. Print Proof of fee paid.
iii. Photographs (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form) – 6 to 8 passport size photographs need to be kept aside. iv. Copy of the Admit Card.
Cities for NTA-IGNOU Test on 29th April, 2020
|27||Delhi -NCR||Delhi/New Delhi||DL01|
|30||Delhi -NCR||Greater Noida/Noida||UP09|
|46||J&K||Srinagar (J & K)||JK04|