B.E / B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
This is one of the technologically advanced branches of engineering. It is concerned with the design, manufacturing, testing, operations, and maintenance of aircraft and its components. The main thrust in this area is on design and development extending to space and satellite research. The Curriculum at B.Tech level is covering : fundamentals of propulsion, electronics, and automatic control guidance, theory of aerodynamics, structural analysis, material science and fluid dynamics. The course inputs intend to provide skills in; Design, construction and Testing of commercial and Defence Aircraft, Missiles, Space Craft, Aerodynamics, Acoustics, Thermodynamics that focus on systems that operate in the Earth’s atmosphere and astronautics.
Course Name Duration Eligibility
Aeronautical Engineering 4 years 10+2
• Self-motivated and hard working
• With Lateral Critical thinking
• Good at Time management
• Proactive in learning new concepts
• Good in judgment (analysis and decision making)
• Excellent listening skills
• Working independently
• Excellent in decision making skills
• Possessing good monitoring skills
• Aerospace, Mechanical and Electrical engineers
• Propulsion, guidance, navigation and control Scientists, Technologists/Technicians.
• Aircraft structural, material engineers.
• Electronics (including Radar) engineers in military/civilian/aircraft.
• Aircraft engineers. Missile systems engineers.
• Also Aeronautical Engineers find placements in; Air lines, both Government and Private
• Air Craft manufacturing and maintenance industries.
• HAL, DRDO, Air India, Indian Airlines, ISRO, R & D works in Ministry of Defence, Civil Aviation, Defence Labs, Civil
• R & D works in defence laboratories, space research, and missile technologies etc., in civil aviation departments
Rs 1.3 Lakhs- 3 Lakhs / Per Year The salary of an aeronautical engineering is decided on the basis of several factors like the working area, personal skills, academic excellence, etc…