Admissions-2020 in Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the Degree and Diploma programmes as well as Junior Research Fellowships offered by the Indian Statistical Institute, listed below. Those who are due to complete the qualifying examination before July 31, 2020, may also apply. Stipends/Fellowships as mentioned against each programme will be available to the deserving candidates subject to satisfying the minimum academic qualification.
Academic Programmes and Eligibility Criteria
1. 3-year Bachelor of Statistics (Hons):
- Successful completion of 10+2 years of Higher Secondary Education (or its equivalent) with Mathematics and English as subjects. (Offered at Kolkata)
- Stipend: ₹5000/- per month.
2. 3-year Bachelor of Mathematics (Hons):
- Successful completion of 10+2 years of Higher Secondary Education (or its equivalent) with Mathematics and English as subjects. (Offered at Bengaluru)
- Stipend: ₹5000/- per month.
The written test is waived for applicants who are INMO AWARDEES, based on their performance in the Indian National Mathematics Olympiad (INMO) conducted by the National Board of Higher Mathematics, Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India. Such candidates will be directly called for interviews but are required to apply in the prescribed application form like all other candidates (see details in Prospectus).
Number of Seats
|1||Bachelor of Statistics Honours||50||25||14||7||4|
|2||Bachelor of Mathematics Honours||50||25||14||7||4|
Excludes the number of students getting direct admission from B.Stat./B.Math
† An additional number of seats, not exceeding 10% of declared seats will be open to sponsored candidates. ** These include 15 seats at Chennai centre and 15 seats at Tezpur (ISI North-East centre) ‡ Reserved for domiciled candidates of the North-East states of India. Three percent (3%) of seats will be horizontally reserved (that is, in each category (ST, SC, OBC-NCL and GEN)) for PwD (Persons with disabilities) candidates.
- Selection of candidates will be based on their performance in written tests and interviews (unless otherwise mentioned in the document: Selection Policy – 2020) conducted by the Institute subject to satisfying the minimum academic qualification.
- Note: ISI offers PhD degrees only in the areas mentioned in 13 (a)-(e). Candidates who have been awarded a Junior Research Fellowship in the afore-mentioned areas by NBHM/CSIR/UGC/ICMR/DST/DBT based on a nationally conducted written Admission Test are also required to clear the ISI Admission Test or an equivalent test conducted by the institute if they wish to obtain a PhD degree from ISI. No equivalent Admission Test will be conducted this year for these awardees.
- Candidates selected for Junior Research Fellowships may be asked to join at a place other than the one opted for, if necessary.
- Due consideration is given to OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD candidates for all programmes. See Prospectus and Reservation Policy-2020 for ISI reservation policy)
- Limited hostel facility is available.
- Those interested in admission to any of the academic programmes listed earlier must apply ONLINE through the official website http://www.isical.ac.in/~admission/.
- Overseas applicants must also apply online. However, they must take the Admission Test at one of the Test centres located in various towns and cities all over India (see Prospectus). In addition, such applicants are also requested to share their Application ID by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Admission 2020-21: Overseas Application immediately after successful submission of the application, and certainly no later than March 20, 2020.
- Applicants should read carefully the Prospectus and the instructions given in the website before filling in the application form.
- ₹1250.00 for all Male applicants in the unreserved (General) category
- ₹750.00 for all Female applicants in the unreserved (General) category
- ₹625.00 for reserved (OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD) category candidates
for all academic programmes. For further queries, prospectus, test syllabi and sample questions/ questions from previous years, etc., please visit http://www.isical.ac.in/~admission/
|On-line Application Starts||14-Feb-20|
|On-line Application Ends||06-Mar-20|
|Payment of Application Fee Starts||14-Feb-20|
|Payment of Application Fee Ends||10-Mar-20|
|ISI ADMISSION TEST||10-May-20|