IIITH UGEE – 2020
Undergraduate Entrance Examination (UGEE) – 2020
The UGEE mode is for admission to dual degree programmes. Graduates of the dual degree programmes earn two degrees: B.Tech and MS. The Masters degree requires completion of a research thesis. The programme prepares students for research-oriented jobs and higher studies. The duration of the programme is 5-years.
Eligibility Criteria :
Class 12 or equivalent qualifying examination with an aggregate of 60% marks in Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
Applicants in this mode need to appear for a computer-based undergraduate entrance examination (UGEE) conducted by IIIT Hyderabad. UGEE will be held across multiple cities (List of Centers ). This exam has two sections:
a) SUPR – Subject Proficiency test for 60 minutes.
b) REAP – Research Aptitude Test for 120 minutes.
- Date of the examination: 26th April 2020
- Time of the examination: 9.00AM to 12.00noon
- Reporting Time: 8.00AM
IMPORTANT DATES :
|Application Portal Opens||6th Feb 2020|
|Application Portal Closes||31st Mar 2020|
|Entrance Exam||26th Apr 2020|
|Admit cards will be available from||13th Apr 2020|
|Interviews||First week of June 2020|
Exam Center List
|24||Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
UGEE Admission Procedure
Applicants who applied for admission via the UGEE mode appear for an exam and are shortlisted for interviews based on the exam performance. The qualified applicants (found suitable in the interview) are ranked based on their interview performance, as judged by the interview panel.
Seats are allocated to applicants, as per rank, in multiple rounds. In each round, an applicant is allocated a seat in a programme, as per rank and preference.
Rounds of seat-allotment:
- The seat-allotment process has multiple rounds.
- Only qualified applicants are eligible for seat allotment.
- In each round, an applicant has a deadline to accept by paying the requisite fees or decline the allotted seat; an applicant can lock the seat, if satisfied with the allotted programme.
- If an applicant did not accept and pay for an allotted seat by the deadline, the seat will be treated as declined by the candidate.
- If no seat is allotted to an applicant in a Round, the applicant can continue to the next round. However, an applicant has to give consent to participate in the next round. A one-time payment (Rs 10,000 for seat allocation and Rs 10,000 as advance towards tuition fee) is required for continuation to the second and further rounds.
The flowchart below explains the process that an applicant is to follow in every round.
Important dates for the different rounds of admission in UGEE mode and the deadlines for seat acceptance and cancellation will be announced soon on this page.